Friday, August 5, 2011

Scarey-okie

I have experienced my first bout of sickness in Thailand.  I can't blame it on the food because the last few days I've only eaten at Cashew nut, and the food there has never made me sick.  Cookie and I had our first night outing last night and I ordered a beverage with ice from this really shady karaoke bar.  I'm pretty sure that's what did it.  Karaoke itself was quite funny.  All of the songs were in Thai, I did give it my best attempt although I was rolling in fits at the thought of how awful I was pronouncing the words.  We were the only customers there so it was all good.  Lesson learned- avoid ice when possible especially at dive places.



I'm in the ring everyday now, yesterday I was pretty pumped up because I'm really not bad for a beginner.  And then I was humbled once again, experiencing a glove to the head from my trainer.  yeah- didn't like that so much.  BLOCKING!  he says… tuck chin, tight neck!  My neck feels like a spaghetti string, no matter how tightly I activated my muscles each time he'd come in I'd block but it still was quite unpleasant.  I have this habit of closing my eyes upon impact to the head.  It seems like a natural human reaction, but in boxing this is 'no good!  no good!' he says.  'Eyes Open!'.  

My abs are so sore today, everything is sore.  I love it.  I love feeling where  my muscles are in my body.  The combination of the massage and the fitness and the healthy eating, I feel like a teenager again.  I sleep like a baby at night (around 8:30, 9) and I'm up at 5:30, jumping out of the bed to the sound of Cookie's alarm.  Which is some Indian song that I can't stop singing now, it's stuck in my head all the time.  Not sure of the words, but it sounds like 'Coochie choochie Ghandi', when I  sing it Cookie laughs 8-)  She's going to to write down the words for me so that I can cover it for my youtube page.

Check it out, progress in action!  There is definitely a little muscle shaping up there.  What was that?  You need tickets?  To my gun show?  baaaaahahahaha... okay now I'm embarrassed because you know how truly dorky I am.  Actually I'm not because if you are reading this blog, chances are you already know how dorky I am and love me anyway 8-)

I'm off to bed.  Tomorrow is beach training!


3 comments:

  1. OMG! I love hearing about your adventure in Thailand! It reminds me of Boot Camp- Thailand style- LOL! Waking up early, getting you butt kicked, learning so many new things! I am going to live vicariously through your blog till your back- Super jelous of your amazing adventure!!! You inspire me to go on a journey!.... This is the beginning of your "Eat, Pray, Kick Butt" story! I love it! Miss you lots! Can't wait to see your next post <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw love you to girl! I was just thinking of you today. When I get home I wanna get into some Bikrim Yoga. THis is the beginning, and I'm so inspired to put everything i'm learning here into action. I'm dreaming BIG! 8-) Love u, looking forward to catching up when I get back. <3 PS... adventures are waiting for you... make it happen! When I get back we should all take a road trip, even if it's just a weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you my sister. You are so amazing. cant wait to see you and hug you. Thank you for sharing this part of your journey with all of us. I love you

    ReplyDelete