Saturday, August 27, 2011

I'm Still Alive in Bangkok/Dude Looks Like a Lady

I haven't blogged lately because Bangkok has had me.  I've been super busy with school and occupied with new friends, and adventure waiting around every corner.  These are a few highlights, I'll let the photos do most of the talking with a few little fun details.  8-)



This is my sister from another Mister, Ashli.  



She and I met on our first day of class at Wat Po.  She invited me to move out of my stinky little room on Koason Road into her spacious wonderful room at Boonsiri Place near our school.  Oh the adventures we have had this week!  It started with our first night together where we had a nice dinner on the river after a crazy ride on a scooter with a driver we named 'Superman' because of his tshirt.  After that Ashli rooted me on as I turned into a Thai Britney Spears on Kaoson Road, I jumped up on stage to sing 'Whats Up' by 4 Non Blonde's and ended up doing a short set with the guitarist.  SO much fun, they loved me I'll admit it lol... it was quite a rush.




Here are some photos from our unexpected makeover/dance adventure with Lady Boy's.  We were planning on having a quiet night in, we went downstairs to the 711 and ran into 5 ladyboys.  Naturally, we made friends with them.  Next thing I knew we were racing up the stairs to change out of our PJ's into our high heels.  The 7 of us piled into a cab and headed to an authentic Thai dance club, where we were the only Farang (Thai word for tourist) there.  Nancy was the leader of the ladyboys and gave us makeovers on the way (and in the restroom) of this club.  I'll admit, I tried my best to be gracious... but when I first saw my face... OH... MY...GOODNESS... I have to walk out there in front of all of these people with my make up like this?  Are you serious Nancy??


We came to a happy agreement and she toned down my look a little.  Here is Ashely getting her makeover at the bar called 'Give Friends 100%'/  What a great name for a bar eh?

This is Ice.  She taught us how to pose for photos, every photo we took she has the same smile.  I wish I had more photos of the lady boys and massage school, but most of the ones we took we used Ashli's camera and she's in route to Cambodia... when she emails them, they are definitely worthy of a 'part 2' blog 8-)



Nancy walked, talked, and moved incredibly graceful and feminine.  She actually taught Ashli and I a thing or two about being 'ladies' lol... Being a lady is an ART!  I was in awe at the way the ladyboy's are accepted and embraced in Thai culture.  Here are photos of the final product of the Ladyboy makeover, Ashli and I practicing our newly acquired posing techniques, courtesy of the ladyboys.  



I scrubbed and scrubbed my face, that eyeliner is still partially on my eyes after 2 days.

So what else.. OH YEAH!  Massage school.  I am a proud graduate of Wat Po Thai Traditional Medical School.  Wat Po is where Thai Massage originated and is referred to as the 'Harvard' of Massage Schools.  I SOOOO wish I had the photos from massage school but I'll have to wait for Ashli to email me those.  (hint hint)  Here is a photo of one of the sweet teachers.  She can put her foot behind her head by the way.  




If you can read backward, observe my legit credentials.  Oh and this is for fun.. Ashli and I have a few similar features so we put our 'heads together' and this is what we came up with... hehe






What else.. I'm staying in a hostel for the first time tonight.  I can't believe I sleep 3 more nights and then I'll be boarding a plane to head home to AZ!

No comments:

Post a Comment