Tuesday, August 30, 2011

JJ Market, Hang over 2, Lub D Hostel


Sawadeemy?  How are you?  Sawakeeda, I'm fine thanks 8-)

I had accepted the fact that I would be headed home to AZ in a few days, so I started to prepare myself.  I told myself to embrace the fact that my adventure would soon be arriving at completion... but I guess it's not time to let go yet because my little heart is still pounding right out my chest with happiness! 8-)

It's my third night in a hostel, I'm staying at Lub D hostel in the girls dormitory.  I dig the Hostel!  It's like summer camp, people making friends everywhere.  It definitely has a Harry Potter feel, or maybe I'm just so dorky that I love that our dorm names have a Hogwarts sound.. hehe



I love meeting so many empowered women here who are traveling the world alone.  I have been lucky to hear the dreams and passion in many a fiery woman heart, which further ignites the flame in mine!   

I was feeling sleepy today but decided to venture out to the JJ Market with a new friend and I'm so happy that I did.  It was the most eclectic market I have seen in Bangkok.  To say that it was massive would be an understatement.  I saw everything for sale there, seriously everything you could possibly dream of.  From puppies (kind of sad.. more about that later), clothing, 5 finger shoes, purses, furniture, souveniers, food, rats, snakes, sugar gliders, birds, dishes, luggage, fake designer clothing, you name it.  I am thrilled with my purchases, I bought a new Thai Mat for under $30 and decor for my massage room- as well as several little gifts and trinkets.  And... singing bowls!  Real, beautiful, tibetan singing bowls.  

So this puppy business.  If I lived here it would be over.  I have 3 dogs already and the only reason I didn't save one of those sweet puppies today is because I was unsure of the rules about importing  puppies to US, I didn't want to support the animal cruelty at JJ market, and I could never put my sweet babies at risk with the pleathera of diseases that those poor pups carry.  There had to be hundreds of little puppies there.  And of course I'm mentioning the puppies but you cat people don't let out sighs of relief (or reptile people for that matter).  All of your beloved pets were crammed into little boxes there on displayed ready to be taken home (most of them to die unfortunately).







Last night I had a massage at this intimate Thai Spa across the street from the hostel.  It was the most relaxing massage and atmosphere I've experienced.  I had a shower before the massage started, and then changed into a cozy white robe and slippers.  When I walked out of the shower a candle lit lotus walk way lead me to my room where I had a jasmine aromatherapy massage.  My mind is rolling at the possibility of where I can take my business and what sorts of changes and improvements I'll be making when I get home.  I learned much at school, but I must say I learned the most from the hands on my body making me melt like jello and releasing the tension I've carried for years.  BLISS!

Last night my friend Lakshmi and I visited the Roof Top, the famous bar with the best view in Bangkok where the scene from Hangover 2 was filmed.  This place was hellified expensive, so we didn't eat here.  Of course we had to order SOMETHING so we ordered a Martini.  My one little drink was about 3 sips, and cost me more than my room at the hostel for the night!  The view was definitely worth it. The atmosphere was a little black dress sort of feel.   



Last day in Bangkok... I'm off to make it count!

Kap Kun Kah (Thank You) 

<3 Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment