Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Holding My Own

I'm sitting at Mama's sipping a glass of white wine.  This is the second time I've had a glass of wine since I've been here- and after my hard training today I definitely deserve this little bit of sweetness in my life 8-)  Body transformation is more obvious daily.  I'm interested to weight myself again, but it won't really matter what the scale says.  My body looks and feels different and that's what matters to me, the fat is dissipating, the abs are starting to poke through.  YES!!!  


I feel like I say this every time, but today was definitely the hardest day.  You know in fighting movies how everything goes slow mo toward the end of the fight and the fighters are just hugging each other to stand up?  Yep... That was how I felt today.  For some reason I was the only woman to show up for training tonight, so I got to fight a guy.  He fought me as if I were a guy, which freaked me out a little at first... Most of the time the girls and I just laugh off the sparring part of the training, or fight at like 15% power and speed with warning.. ie, right kick next, etc.... I REALLY enjoyed sparring with a man today.  I didn't feel the need to hold back as much, and I think I learned more today than I have since I've been here.  Toward the end I swear I almost puked.. it got to the point where I was planning my evacuation if that happened lol... but alas, I managed to hold my stomach and will be able to show my face at Tiger Muay Thai another day.


Tomorrow I'm training MMA for the first time.  The Muay Thai is mostly to get into shape, and is a sport. With MMA, I'll be able to use more of those skills to contain and dominate attacker.. Such as.. ahem..crazy 40 year old women who decide to attack me randomly at karaoke bars for no reason at all.    Yes, that really happened to me... It's a horrible awful dramatic story not worthy of my blog.  But I assure you, it will NEVER happen again.  And if it does...  'Once I begin the sequence of combat, it will only end in your demise.' - 



I'm definitely not looking for a fight, come on.... It's me... but I definitely won't just stand there again and let some crazy Son's of Anarchy wannabe scratch my face and gouge out my eye balls.  If it happens again... my plan is A.. to contain the assailant... B... sit on top of her with her hands behind her back... C... give her a complimentary life coaching session and work through some of her anger D... Read highlights from a book by the sweetest guy I've ever dreamed of knowing. 



Then I will request an apology.  If it's sincere, I will hug her and send her inspired on the way to her new life with a fresh outlook.  If it's not, I've an entire bookshelf full of inspirational uplifting books.  8-)


I am so refreshed and excited about the rest of my life.  What to do next?  Maybe India?  Cookie says I can stay with her if I visit.  I miss my puppies so much today.  I keep seeing all of these stray dogs walking around, there are LOADS of them in Thailand.  If I knew they wouldn't bite and didn't have the mange, I would totally give them a wash and dry and have a cuddle buddy.  Next time I visit Thailand  I'm adding 'rescue a dog' to my budget.  Even just mange medicine would be so nice for these pups.


Goodnight!
<3 Tiff


No comments:

Post a Comment