Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Rawai Muay Thai Day One

I barely made it through the day today, but what impresses me is that I didn't quit and I made it through.  I completely, and I mean COMPLETELY soaked 3 different sets of gym clothes with sweat.  The trainers even commented on my profuse sweating, reassuring me that it was awesome.  There were moments of glory today where I felt like a complete bad ass, and moments where I wanted to cry and give up.  I did more pushups today than I've done since the mandatory 5th grade presidents test.  I had an embarrassing moment where one of the professional fighters was walking by during our group stretch and one of my flailing arms nailed him right in the face… oops.  he didn't even seem phased.  

My feet hurt so badly today.  I shouldn't have had the 'take skin off foot' service done  on the beach.  They filed off way too much skin and now my feet are raw it's very uncomfortable during training, the carpet in the gym is similar to the green fake grass looking stuff that people sometimes have put around swimming pools and outdoor patios.

On a brighter note, the food here ROCKS.  I purchased a meal plan at a restaurant called 'cashew nut' right down the street from the gym.  It's all healthy and delicious.  The waitress and owner are quite possibly the friendliest faces I've seen in Thailand, and everyone here is quite friendly so that's saying a lot.

Sorry no photos, my internet connection is very weak here today so I will upload gym photos later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment