Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Trip Overview

Wanna know what your pal Tiff will be doing in Thailand?  Escape on a little day dream with me for a moment.

My current plan is as follows… I arrive in Bangkok on July 29th, from there I will take a one hour flight to Phuket.  Can you believe it's only about $87 for a one way flight?  BOOKED THE DAY BEFORE?? that's the crazy thing about Asia.  Once you get there from the US, you can pretty much fly anywhere for a buck or two within reason.  

Arriving in Phuket I'm sure I will have a little jet lag after the 23 hour flight.. No worries there, I'm checking myself into a beachfront hotel at Patong Beach (so many to choose from).  I'll decompress on the beach for 3 days before heading to Tiger Muay Thai Training Camp.  Beach side massage 2 hours = $5 USD.  

Next comes the work.  Happy work!  I'll be training for a week at Tiger Muay Thai, learning MMA and Thai Boxing, not to mention getting into million dollar baby shape lol… training starts at 7am and ends at 7pm.  Cardio, running, yoga, sparring, kicking, punching.. You name it.  Sweat!!  So excited.  I'll get more into this a little later. 

Next comes the reward.  Phi phi Island (pronounced PP island).  The most beautiful beaches in Asia.  The movie the Island with Leonardo Dicaprio was filmed there!  I found a beach front bungalow for $33 a night US… Check it out!!  This is where I will have my sea and sun adventures.  i'm really not sure how long I will stay here.  And I LOVE not having an exact plan!  Go with the flow baby.

Then the learning.  At some point I'll make my way back to Bangkok where I will attend school at the Wat Po School of Thai Traditional Medicine for a week and learn Thai Massage from a Master, and of course have adventures in Bangkok and see Temples, etc.

The most important thing is that I'm leaving room for adventure.  There is no plan, no schedule.  I can do WHATEVER.  I.  WANT.  8-)

Ahhhh I can't wait!  Everything is falling into place.  So grateful.  

<3 Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment