Sunday, July 31, 2011

Kata Beach Visit

This little hut on Kata Beach is where I spent the majority of my day.  Not sure if you can read the sign or not, but I got a Thai Massage, a mani and pedi... Today- I'll admit... I was the american tourist on the beach holding a sign that said 'sell me stuff I'll buy anything' lol.. It's probably not as bad as I make it sound, but I'm such a push over.  People literally walk the beach selling  scarves and clothing and a variety of things. I walked away today with a new bikini, two swimsuit covers, a crazy Thai whistle flute thing, mani, pedi, massage, and eye brow wax.  And after all that, food and drink, taxi- didn't spend over $150.  I can't have a day like today EVERYDAY, but it was my first real day of vacation after travel and I made sure to enjoy myself.  




































This is Pod, the woman who did my massage and beautified my fingers and toes.  She works everyday at this little hut on the beach with her mother who has worked there for over 25 years.  Her 3 year old daughter also comes along with her.  It was endearing to relax there in this make shift hut and listen to grandma sing and fan the little girl to sleep, while the ocean waves crashed on the shore and rushed around and under us, all while Pod walked on my back.  Since I was there for about 4 hours we got to know each other a little and make conversation.  I bought the ladies a round of fantas which they seemed to enjoy.  They looked out for me when I forgot my iphone there and had to return for it.  Grandma says, 'Oh you forgetful lady' lol... If you know me at all, your laughing.  Especially you Jessica Porter, with your check list for me every time we leave my house 8-)



 
 Grandma and Pod's daughter.

 Coconut delish.
 Hey looks it's me!  I'm in a tuk tuk!  (basically a funky taxi)
 Look at the love 8-)


 I also got my eyebrows waxed today.                     Tuk Tuk-->
 Fresh seafood + pina coloda + beach view + great book = bliss





 This cat is always outside of my room
 I was upgraded to a new room poolside because the ceiling started to leak.  Bonus!  This room is awesome.



2 comments:

  1. oh tiff this is amazing! you are a courageous woman and i admire your beauty. best to you~love forever and ever, izzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Izzi! <3 to you forever and ever too lady 8-) You need to be here at some point... I can see you with a backpack on your back and a big smile on your face- there is SO MUCH to see and do here!

    ReplyDelete