Sunday, July 31, 2011

Different worlds

I woke up this morning thinking of Pod.  We are the same age, same profession.  She has more education than I, having attended four year university in Bangkok as well as Massage and Nail Tech school.  We both run our own businesses.  She works twice as hard as I do for a small fraction of the money, in much less comfortable conditions... At first I thought to myself, this would be awesome doing massage on the beach! But by the 3rd hour she was chasing the bugs off of me and dabbing this special ointment on the many bites on my skin.  She shared with me how sometimes there is no business because of the other massage and nail salons that are indoors (I easily saw 10 yesterday in a 3 block radius).  I don't know why I felt compelled to share that... Not sure what I'm feeling, just digesting it really.  I suppose you could say I'm feeling a little ashamed for taking all that I have for granted in the past... Starting to feel a newfound appreciation for all that I have.  I have great admiration for Pod, her work ethic, her happiness, her mothering skills, her gentle nature and her presence.  The imprint of her has touched me deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment